Acupuncture, part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, is the ancient practice of gently inserting fine needles into specific points along the body within energy pathways known as meridians. This promotes the movement of ‘Qi’ (energy) to reduce or eradicate disease, pain and stress within the body and bring the body back into a natural state of balance. The biochemical response produced by acupuncture results in stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities, promoting physical and emotional well-being. This is achieved by strengthening areas of weakness, reducing excess and promoting the free flow of QI where there is blockage. Acupuncture is an effective and safe, non-invasive treatment now gaining wide acceptance in medical science, including the World Health Organization (WHO) recognition.
Together with Chinese Herbal Medicine, acupuncture can enhance normal bodily function and strengthen the immune system to assists with general well-being and prevent disease.
Acupuncture can support:
· Gynaecological disorders - (PCOS, Endometriosis, Period Pain, PMT)
· Menopausal symptoms
· Obstetric conditions
· Pregnancy and Labour support
· Psycho-emotional and Mental Health - Such as - Stress, Anxiety, Depression
· Insomnia and difficulty sleeping
· Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Low Energy
· Immune Function (Recurrent infections, supportive treatment for cancer and AIDS patients)
· Digestive disorders - such as - Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohns, Colitis, Constipation, Diarrhoea, gastritis, heartburn and reflux, food allergies, ulcers
· Thyroid conditions
· Skin disorders
· Musculoskeletal problems
· Chronic and Acute Pain(Injuries, headaches, neck and back pain, tendonitis, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, arthritis)
· Upper Respiratory Disorders (Asthma, hay fever, bronchitis, sinusitis, sore throat, laryngitis, colds and flu)
We also provide cosmetic acupuncture treatments as well as Yin and Pin classes, combining acupuncture with Yoga to support your over all health. Find out more here.